Hong Min Gi’s next drama Study Group Season 2 has already finished filming as controversy over ex-girlfriend’s allegations grows
Actor Hong Min Gi’s future activities are drawing attention after allegations made by a former girlfriend surfaced online, while his upcoming drama Study Group Season 2 has already completed filming.
On August 19, a woman identified as Hong Min Gi’s former girlfriend posted allegations on social media regarding their past relationship. She later shared additional materials that she said supported her claims.
Hong Min Gi’s agency, Fable Company, denied the allegations and announced plans to take legal action. As the claims remain disputed, they have not been established as fact.
Attention has since turned to Hong Min Gi’s upcoming projects. The actor is set to return as Park Gun Yeop in TVING’s Study Group Season 2, following his appearance in the first season.
Filming for the second season has already been completed, and a wrap-up gathering reportedly took place on August 19. Hong Min Gi did not attend the event amid the ongoing controversy.
The production team of Study Group Season 2 responded cautiously, stating that the situation “requires confirmation.”
The controversy has also led to criticism from some fans. One person who said they had previously organized a birthday café event for Hong Min Gi publicly announced that they were ending their support for the actor and criticized his past attitude toward fans.
Meanwhile, the woman who made the allegations later removed her posts about Hong Min Gi from her personal social media account. She stated, “I will no longer post content related to him on my personal account. I plan to file a complaint and pursue the matter properly through legal proceedings.”
With Study Group Season 2 already finished filming, attention is now focused on how the production will handle Hong Min Gi’s appearance as the dispute continues.